Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Countdown Day 1 {Close To My Heart}

Helllllllllo! We are seriously excited about Christmas around here! My big kiddo is out of school now, so we have big plans for ornament-making, and cookie-baking. Here on the blog, I have a fun little oldie-but-goodie Christmas countdown. I'll reshare one of my favorite past holiday projects each day as we count down to Christmas. If you've been visiting for a while, you may remember some of these! Today I have a fun little Christmas project to share that I made a few years ago featuring Close To My Heart stamps.

 

 You can easily recreate this (and I have) using lots of different products, and for lots of themes other than Christmas.  I purchased these little pails from the Target Dollar Bin - I think it was after Halloween, a few years ago.  They are such a fun size to fill with candy, or crayons. The ribbons are just knotted on to the handle, and it's a GREAT way to use up ribbon scraps! I stamped the image onto sticky-backed paper, and just stuck it right onto the can, and added the dot details with a silver Sharpie.

Thanks so much for coming by today! Enjoy the last minute hustle and bustle of the season! See you tomorrow! xoxo

3 comments:

Sue said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

JoAnn said...

This is adorable. Love it.

Gina said...

Ooooh, cute! I have a stack of galvanized buckets from the dollar spot and I could do something like this! I'm also going to keep an eye out for the painted metal ones like this, too. Great idea!!