Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Lucky Me To Know You! {St. Patricks Day with Fun Stampers Journey}

Tomorrow's the day! I'm not Irish, nor am I really all that into St. Patrick's Day - but my kids are SUPER excited to wear green to school. They both have green shirts, and I got some silly oversized shamrock bowties for them to wear. (And I might have gotten a sparkly shamrock headband for myself!) Plus, they'll be helping with a "Go Green" project at school, cleaning up the campus - pretty cool way to head out onto Spring Break! 

And for you, my dear crafty friends....a few quick cards. I used the Pot O' Gold stamp set from Fun Stampers Journey on both of them. On this first card, I pulled out some watercolor pencils to add some shades of green to the shamrock outlines that I stamped. Then I splattered some watercolor and Journey Gold Silk across the background. I created the notched tag by first trimming a strip of cardstock. Next, I put it on my die cutting platform, and angled a square die over the edge, cutting away a triangle shape. It's an easy way to make a banner shape of any size. (Did this make sense? I'll try to remember to take a picture - maybe it will be another blog post!) 
Next up, I created just a SUPER SUPER quick card using the horseshoe with shamrock image. I trimmed it, and attached it with foam tape, over a quick background stamp and the same sentiment. And of course - had to finish with a splatter of Journey Gold Silk. It's so perfect with this St. Patrick's theme! 




During the month of March, Fun Stampers Journey is offering 20% off of select FSJ products....like all the GREEN cardstock and ink you see on my cards, plus the  Pot O' Gold stamp set!! Check out the Fun Stampers Journey website for the whole scoop! Thanks so much for stopping by today! Remember to wear (and CREATE) something green tomorrow! xoxo



PS. For more Fun Stampers Journey inspiration, check out my FSJ board on Pinterest, where I pin projects from the FSJ designers.

No comments: