Tuesday, October 16, 2018

How to Make Simple Stamped Christmas Cards


Have you started making holiday cards yet? These Christmas cards all showcase the Nutcracker Suite Stamp Set and coordinating dies from Fun Stampers Journey. You can use this rubber stamp set, along with some simple patterned papers to make three easy handmade cards that don't require fancy techniques, coloring, or lots of cutting. Ready to check out these holiday cards with me? 

First up, is my favorite of the three cards. I channeled one of my favorite crafty friends for this one. If you don't know my girl, Teri Anderson - please RUN to her blog and check out her awesome work. Teri ALWAYS (always always) inspires me with her use of patterned paper, and stamping ideas. She just adds some Teri MAGIC and they are AMAZING. SO, I totally thought "What Would Teri Do?" (I have no idea if this is actually what Teri would do) but I love the way she pieces patterned paper together. This is such an easy way to use little bits of paper, and after adding a sentiment strip, and two little stamped and die cut trains you have a quick cute Christmas card! You could knock out a whole bunch of this card, or something similar, with all kinds of gorgeous paper combinations. 
 Next up, I did a little bit of embossing. But don't panic, this is still a pretty simple card. Just gold embossing on white cardstock, matted with black, and a little strip of patterned paper on the card base. What really punches up this card a bit is the rounded corners. Notice I only rounded them on two corners. Saves you a little work if you're making a ton of this card, and it just adds a fun finishing touch.

Last but not least, every nutcracker needs a ballerina friend, so here's my pretty pop of pink Christmas card. (You know I love pink for Christmas, if you've been hanging out here lately!) I LOVE to tie in a coordinating envelope for my cards, so after I stamped and die cut these pretties, and added some patterned paper, I used my scoring board to make a matching polka dot envelope. (You can find a whole post about my FSJ Scoring Board and how to make envelopes right here!)
It feels good to make a variety of projects using one stamp set, and some coordinating colors. Each of these cards is a little different, but they were all simple to make with some easy stamping and die cutting. Nothing fancy, just good old handmade cards! I hope you liked them! If you have any questions, leave me a comment, or shoot me an email.

Supplies used on today's cards:
Nutcracker Suite Stamp
Nutcracker Suite Die Set
Christmas Magic Stamp Set
Cozy Prints Patterned Paper 
Scoring Board

Do you love Pinterest?  Are you looking for MORE Christmas inspiration? Come on over to my Christmas Cards and Tags board and save some of your favorites!


No comments: