Monday, September 24, 2018

How to Make Pastel Colors POP on Christmas Cards

Pastel with a POP. My favorite way to use pastel colors in card making and paper crafted projects, is with a POP of something - black and white perhaps, or a BOLD color thrown in for a little fun. (Or both!?) Today's card features the Confectionary Days collection, plus the All Roads stamp set from Fun Stampers Journey - I absolutely love the cozy retro feel of this stamp set. How adorable is that RV - and don't get me started on the flamingo with a Santa hat! So much love!
This rubber stamp set is a lot of fun to color, if you're the coloring sort of crafter. And sometimes I am - but today I want to show you how darling this set can be, even if you aren't a colorer. I stamped my images onto Bubble Gum, Sweet Pear, and Watermelon Fusion cardstocks. (Yep, that flamingo is the POP I was talking about!)
 The background of my card is yet another Gel Press print that was hanging around. I used Cool Pool, and perhaps a dash of Catalina Splash on the Gel Press. And I added some fun polka dots from the Polka Dot Wall Stencil with Cool Pool ink.
 Bubble Gum Silk, sequins, some Silver Sparkle Tape, and Journey Glaze finish off this card. It feels fresh and light and it makes me happy (especially that flamingo POP!)

Here's a TIP when adding a POP of color to your handmade project. If it's a stand alone POP, like my flamingo, add that color in somewhere else - see how my card base is Watermelon Fusion? It ties it all together, and prevents that POP from feeling like it doesn't belong.


It has been SO much fun celebrating each of the color families of cardstock and ink at FSJ throughout the month. If you missed any of them, scroll on back and check out all of the projects I've shared throughout September. Looking for MORE inspiration? Stop by the Fun Stampers Journey blog and see what else we have to share today!

Supplies used on today's projects:

No comments: