Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Love Ya Valentine Card with FSJ {CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge}

Good day, lovely friends! I decided to hop into the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge, and make a card for sketch #304. I'm not gonna lie, my crafty mojo has been tanking for a while. Art and crafting is a lot more of a mental game than one might initially think, and I am STRUGGLING.  The usual jumpstarts just aren't working for me, and almost every project is a fight. It will pass, and things will flow again - they always do, but in the meantime I'll just take the wins as they come. (Tell me I'm not alone in this weird crafty mental-game battle?) 

So here's the sketch for this week's challenge. Funky and fun, yes? I went with a pretty literal interpretation of this sketch, using striped paper from the Good Vibes Prints from Fun Stampers Journey.  (I love love love that paper pack!!!) I did add a scalloped circle into the sketch, and I love the way it turned out with the flowers and sentiment. The flowers were fussy-cut from printed paper from the 6x6 Follow Your Heart Prints . Cute, right!? 

I kept everything pretty clean and simple because that seems to be what works best, when I'm in a craft funk. I added a few enamel dots, a heart, and a splatter of Sparkle Silk to finish it off. (Oh, and did you notice the tiny bit of Journey Glaze on the flower centers?) 

 If you'd like to join in with a clean and simple handmade card for the  CAS(E) This Sketch challenge blog, stop on over there. There's a new sketch every week! I think I'll have to play along more often! Thanks so much for stopping by my friends - may your day be crafty and bright! xoxo

If this is your first time here in a while, I'd love to connect with you again! Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!

PS...my sweet friend and partner in crime, Mariana Grigsby, also created a card with this sketch! Stop by and visit her and see her take on this fun sketch! 

Looking for more Valentines inspiration? 


No comments: