Monday, August 14, 2017

One Tree Two Ways {Family Forever Stamp Set}

Hello friends! I had some fun with the new Family Forever stamp set from Fun Stampers Journey today. This is a special stamp set because it's DOUBLE the size of most stamp sets, with so many fun sentiments and elements to create cards and layouts. 

I created two cards for you to show the versatility of this set. I love that the tree trunk, and the leafy top are two separate stamps. First I stamped my tree in Hazelnut Blend ink. To stamp the leaves, I did a little simple fancy work: first I stamped the leafy image in Lemongrass. Then I added some Green Olive and Fresh Forest around the edges and stamped the image. To make my tree extra leafy and full, I reinked the stamp again and stamped it on top, shifting it over just slightly from the first impression. It was fun to play around with some different shades of green, and see what I liked. 


After having some fun with the leafy green colors, I thought I'd try this card again in some fall colors. Please meet the autumn version of my card! Same Petals Wall embossing folder, hexagon dies, and stamp set - even the same layout - but a completely different look. On this tree, I combined Summer Days, Pumpkin Bread, and Tangerine Fusion inks. For the second stamping, I used only Sunmer Days, and I stamped it off once on scrap paper for a more subtle look.

\
All of the stamps you see, came with the Family Forever stamp set. The sweet banner on the first card is separate from the sentiment, and there are other little messages that fit inside. I love options and versatility in a stamp set!

The Family Forever stamp set is only available as a Host Exclusive when you host a Make-It Party with an FSJ Coach.  If you don't know someone who sells FSJ products, click on the FIND A COACH link at the top right of www.funstampersjourney.com  Or if you'd like more information about becoming a Coach yourself, check out all the details and consider joining the Journey!

Thanks so very much for coming by today! I'm always happy to share a little crafty goodness with you! xoxo

PS I used some gorgeous inks on today's projects. Did you know they're all 20% off this month?! 





3 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Wow Laura, these are just gorgeous! !

Nancy said...

Very nice designs! So beautiful and so different!

Karen Schroeder said...

Love the different looks and the double leaves. Great cards as always!