Monday, March 9, 2015

Rosemaling? Rosemaling! {Lil' Inker Designs}

The word rosemaling is fairly new to me. Rosemaling itself isn't new to me, but I never knew what it was called. Rosemaling is Norwegian for "decorative painting" and it's a beautiful folk art that originated in Norway. (Check out the beautiful rosemaling inspiration on Pinterest.) The new Really Rosemaling stamp set from Lil' Inker gave me the opportunity to stamp some decorative floral images, that are soo much easier than painting! I kept these two cards very clean and simple, but with this set you can create some really intricate and detailed images too. 

On both of these cards, I used the Stitched Mats:Side Stitched Rectangles die to create a background. Then, I added sentiments and stamped floral images. 

Thanks so much for coming by today! I'm traveling most of the next two weeks, but I'll try to get a few blog posts up along the way. I promise I'll catch you all up soon! Hugs! xoxo


1 comment:

Nancy Durant said...

That is so interesting! I never heard of Rosemailing either! Love what you did with the stamps and dies!