Monday, August 27, 2018

How to Make Cozy Fall Crafts with Creative Colors

Hello my crafty friends, I have a funky fall card to share with you today. Sometimes, adding an unexpected color combo into the mix of things, is just what you need to get out of a crafty funk. 

This card has sort of a funny story...I was messing around with the Gel Press, and this darling Color Me Fall stamp. I created this background, and then tucked it into the grid paper pad that I keep on my desk. It needed to flatten out a bit, as I had gotten it pretty wet and inky as I worked. And then....
I forgot about it.  Flat out FORGOT. 
Last week, as I was shaking embossing powder off my paper pad, (and onto the floor of course, like ya do) out came this piece of lovely cardstock! 
To create this background, use Watermelon Fusion, Orange Creamsicle, and Candy Apple Liquid Colors. Drip them onto the Gel Press, (and I think I misted it with just a tiny bit of water.) Then use the Gel Press as a giant ink pad, picking up colors onto the background stamp. Stamp it onto Whip Cream cardstock, and then use a small paint brush to loosely color in the pumpkins and leaves with very diluted color from the Gel Press.

 These colors are so unexpected on a fall card - and really, you could give this card any time of the year, but I sort of love it for fall. The hint of peach gives it just enough AUTUMN.  I never would have thought peach, red, and bright pink would work together - but I'm digging it, so whatever. ;)
I struggled with the sentiment block, what color ink to use, and what color background...so I made a quick little Gel Press print by brayering out some of those colors and pulling a couple prints. This was definitely a second or third generation pull. (Meaning, I rolled out the color, pulled a print, and then pulled another print.) I love the watercolor look it has behind the sentiment.

Do you have any unexpected fall color combinations you love? I'd love to know what they are - and I'd love for you to think of an unexpected color that you can add in to your next fall card! Be sure to share it with me, because I love to see what y'all are up to! Super big hugs to you today! Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by! xoxo

Supplies on today's card:

2 comments:

martyzstamps said...

Love the color combo! Beautiful card!

Celeste Goff said...

Such a gorgeous card Laura! Love that background stamp so very much!!!