Friday, December 21, 2018

Make a Festive Coffee Cup Wrap {Simple gift idea!}

Want to add a simple handmade touch to store-bought gifts?

Sometimes an everyday store-bought gift just needs a little personal touch to make it extra festive and fun! This gift idea is perfect for teachers, coaches, co-workers, neighbors. Anyone you want to shower with a little bit of semi-DIY love! Use printed paper, die cut shapes and twine to embellish everyday coffee tumblers. (And then add an extra surprise inside!!) 

Last year I picked up these coffee tumblers at Target in the after-Christmas clearance. I cannot pass up the amazing post-holiday sales for items I can use as gifts throughout the year! But I wanted to jazz this gift up with a handmade touch. 
I started off with a two-inch strip of patterned paper, wrapped it around the coffee cup and adhered it with two-sided tape. Then I did some quick die cutting with a poinsettia steel rule die from Fun Stampers Journey. (This die is retired, but any flower die would be perfect on this project - you could even change the colors and dies seasonally, depending on the occasion!)  A quick twine bow finished off the project. Seriously, THAT'S IT! You still have time to whip this project up as a last minute gift! 
I packed the coffee cups full of tinsel, candy, and a gift card. Clearly, a coffee gift card would have made sense, but for photography sake, Walmart was what I had handy! You get the idea. ;) My little guy took these in for teacher gifts today, before the winter break. I hope they like them!



It's a short and sweet blog post today because you know...tis the season! I hope your holiday week is extra special and filled with laughter and warm fuzzies. Breathe deep and find all kinds of joy in your day, no matter what! Thanks so much for taking a minute to stop by today! I'm grateful for you, my friends!!! xoxo

Supplies on today's project:
The poinsettia die I used is retired, but here are some other awesome flower dies you could use! 
Summer Bouquet Steel Rule Die (I use this die ALL the time for assorted projects!) 
Clover Bloom Die Set
Blooming Details Die Set (especially love the leaves in this set!) 
You could also cluster some premade flower embellishments, like these Poinsettia Burst Flowers.
Or, you could stamp some poinsettias - the Poinsettia Burst stamp set is my favorite!

No comments: