Monday, February 10, 2020

How to Add Watercolor to Springtime Stamps {With the New FSJ Release!}

Hello my sweet crafty friends! Is it feeling like springtime yet? Today I have two cheery spring cards to share with you - they each feature the new Joyful Greetings stamp set, but they use watercolor stamping in two different ways.  Let's check them out!
 First up, a colorful Easter card. To make these watercolor Easter eggs:

  • Mist a sheet of watercolor paper with water then sponge diluted Liquid Color (or a liquid dye ink of your choice) onto the paper. (I used Lovely Blue, Bubble Gum, and Sweet Pear Liquid Colors.) 
  • Next, add a few drops of Liquid Colors to a clear block and use it as an ink pad. Stamp floral egg images onto inky paper. (I used Limeade Splash, Lavender Fusion and Cool Pool.) 
  • Splatter eggs with Silks. 
  • Die cut eggs when dry.  
This is a fun technique for images that don't need to be precise. Floral backgrounds and designs work really well with this idea. Every time you try this, it'll look a little different, depending on the amount of water used, and the color combinations. Have fun trying out lots of eggs and pick your favorites!

 The next card features a different watercolor technique. I actually shared this idea a few weeks ago, and this card features a fox I stamped at the same time as that one, so hop on over to THIS BLOG POST for all the details, but here's a quick rundown. For this watercolor fox, I used Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers. I colored directly onto the stamp, and then misted it with a little water before stamping it. Again, this is a technique you'll want to play with and try a few times to pick the one you like the best. If you compare this fox with the original on my other blog post, you'll see this one has more yellow - but I liked them both!

(Here's a TIP: let your images dry before you decide if you're happy with them or not. I almost threw this poor guy in the garbage, but once he dried I decided I still sort of liked his coloring!)
 This card is really fun for spring, but you could use this fox all year long. In fact, won't he be darling for fall cards in a few months?! I finished this card off with some simple diecut shapes and a sentiment.
 Today FSJ's Ready, Set, Spring collection releases, along with new products from Spellbinders too! The project kit has been on sale for a few weeks now, but today you can purchase any of the stamp and die sets individually, plus a few extra goodies which weren't included in the presale kit. Head yourself right on over to check out all the new goodies - especially the new swan stamp set - she's a beauty! ;)
I'm so grateful you stopped by today, as always! I hope you're leaving feeling inspired to try some watercolor stamping, and get started on some springtime cards. If we start CRAFTING for spring, maybe it will start FEELING like spring! Love you, friends! xoxo

Supplies on Today's Projects:

Looking for more inspiration with the Joyful Greetings Stamp Set? You might love these ideas too!
Black and white gingham handmade card with the Joyful Greetings stamp set from Spellbinders. Visit my blog for more creative ways to use this stamp set for handmade spring cards, and easter crafts.

Have a Blessed Easter handmade card with the Joyful Greetings stamp set from Spellbinders. Visit my blog for more creative ways to use this stamp set for handmade spring cards, and easter crafts.





No comments: