Monday, May 6, 2019

With Grace She Flies - Springtime Card With Kites

If you had the choice of making a card with mostly stamps or mostly dies, which would you choose? Is that a tough question? Or did you have an answer right away? I *think* most days, I might actually say die-cutting, even though I've been a stamper for far longer than a die-cutter. (I really do want to know what you think - leave me a comment and let me know: stamps, or dies?)

I think sometimes it's easier for me to create when I just die-cut a bunch of cute goodies and then start putting them together on a card. Today's card features dies and just one stamp from Impression Obsession. I picked out a bright fun color palette, because I knew I wanted to work with the kite, sunshine and cloud dies - and then I started die-cutting the images to put together. 
 I paired these dies with a patterned paper from FSJ's Colorful Journey Prints. The brushstroke pattern is so much fun.

And that sentiment, dang I think it's the perfect inspirational sentiment, and it's pretty fun paired with the kites. The She Positives stamp set has four simple but powerful encouraging messages that are so beautiful! This sentiment would be beautiful for a Mother's Day card - or a graduation card, wouldn't it!?
Today's post is part of Impression Obsession's Die Cut Obsession Blog Hop. The design team is sharing die cutting magic today, and I hope you'll head over to the IO blog and find the list of participants! I can't wait to see what they've each created for today! 

Card Supplies - Impression Obsession: She Positives Stamp Set 318-MD | Clouds DIE068-A | Kite Die DIE153-I | Sun & Moon Die DIE163-C

Other Supplies - FSJ: Colorful Journey Prints | Cardstock: Haystack, Watermelon Fusion, Cool Pool, Bubble Gum, Pineapple Smoothie

Thanks so much for coming by today! Did you like this card? I'd love for you to pin it on Pinterest! And don't forget - leave me a comment and tell me....if you had to choose one, which would it be - stamps or dies? 


Looking for more diecutting inspiration? 



1 comment:

Denise Bryant said...

Love your fun card! The kite dies are so fun!
I am using dies more often these days too!