Hey crafty friends! The fall season is upon us, whether the weather feels like it where you live or not. (I live in the OR NOT region. Sigh.) Today's cards are seasonally perfect for fall, and yet depending on the colors you choose, they are seasonally perfect ALL year long, which means they are versatile and a worthy investment in your crafty stash. Gotta love that, right?
This blog post contains affiliate links. When you shop through my links, I receive compensation at no cost to you. Thank you from the bottom of my crafty heart!
I've created two similar cards but they're created in different ways, so whether you're a die-hard die-cutter or a stenciling sweetie, there's an option for you. Both cards showcase the new Leafy Wreath stencil and Detail Leafy Wreath die, which can be used together or separately in a lot of super cute ways. Both products are brand new from Simon Says Stamp's latest collection, called Sending Cheer. Let me show you what I did...First up, is the stencil version. This is a simple single layer stencil that is quick and easy to use. I chose a variety of autumn-friendly peach and orange shades and blended the colors together over the wreath. Other ideas for this stencil: 1.) Change up the colors (leafy greens, springy pastels etc.) 2.) Add some die-cut shapes (hearts, berries, stars etc.) to give it a stronger holiday or special occasion theme 3.) Spread a paste over the stencil for a textural wreath.
Next, is the second version of this card, featuring die-cutting. This die creates the outline shape as well as the leaves. I die-cut it from a similar variety of fall colors and pieced it together. The beauty of this idea is that you're left with quite a few pieces to make multiple cards by mixing and matching the colors. To complete both cards, I used the Showboat Thank You die with some dimensional glaze on the sentiment, and then a scattering of sequins. Remember another option would be to sort of combine these two card ideas - by stenciling the wreath and then adding the die-cut outline over the top. Lots of fun ways to combine these two products!
Don't miss out on any of the Sending Cheer fun:
- Shop the entire Sending Cheer collection, available NOW
- Stop by the Simon blog for the two-day blog hop, on Friday Oct 9 and Saturday Oct 10, plus an Instagram hop on Friday Oct 13th!
- Join Simon Says Stamp for a YouTube Livestream at noon EDT, Friday October 9.
- After you shop and create, be sure to share your beauties here in the SSS Gallery:https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/simon-brand-galleries/sending-cheer-2026-gallery/
Shop the Supplies on Today's Cards:
I absolutely love these large blending brushes.
They are super soft and apply ink to cardstock smoothly!
the BEST glue for adhering tiny pieces, and it lasts a super long time!
If you loved today's ideas, check out this post where I created a similar set of "same card two ways" using a winter snowflake. Stop by this blog post to check it out!











No comments:
Post a Comment