Monday, November 7, 2016

Simple Fall Cards Full of Leaves and Thanks

I am an absolute sucker for leaf stamps and dies. (We probably discuss this every year on my blog.) So I jumped at the chance, when a dear woman from church asked me to make her some fall cards.

I got so carried away, that I made extras and sold quite a few card sets to other lovely friends who liked the idea of sending out some autumn love! I'm looking forward to sending out what's left, and sharing my thankful thoughts with loved ones!

The first three all follow the same design, using stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs.

The Leaf Love die set is one of my absolute GO-TO die sets for fall. And Lil' Inker has a coordinating stamp set, called Leafy Greetings that fits right inside each leaf. Seriously cute! These cards came together SO quickly. I had fun mixing and matching the dotted papers (from Echo Park) and digging deep into my stash of washi tape. Because crafting is my job AND my hobby, sometimes it's a fun break from WORK, to dig into my non-work stash, and show it some love! 


When I'm mass producing cards, I definitely work assembly line style...I trim all the card bases, then score and fold them all. On these cards, then I trimmed and adhered the paper all at one time, all the washi etc etc. The leaf dies come attached to each other, and I keep them that way - it's so quick to die cut all the leaves at once, and in no time at all, you've got a yard full of paper leaves to stamp! YAY! 
Next up, on these two cards, I used the sentiment from  Leaf Silhouettes from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps. Dang, I've had this stamp set a long time, and I just keep on loving it so much! I even used it on a project for the cover of Paper Crafts Magazine, many moons ago! I paired the sentiment with leaves from Technique Tuesday's I Give Thanks stamp set. Another one I just keep using over and over. This set has coordinating dies for the leaves, but I actually trimmed mine - it was a good project to do while sitting in the school car line! The background is made from washi tape, and a background stamp (I think it's from Stamping' Up, but I'm not sure what it is!)



I hope you're feeling inspired to go create some autumn goodness now! I'm thankful for YOU, and I'm so glad you stopped by! xoxo 




No comments: